Ceredo Coal Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Coal Terminals Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Ceredo Coal Terminal is a coal terminal located on the Ohio River near Ceredo, West Virginia.
The map below shows the location of the Ceredo Coal Terminal. The coal stockpile can be seen directly to the east. The terminal is located on the Ohio River at Mile Marker 314.5.
The Ceredo Coal Terminal is operated by Kanawha River Terminals LLC. It serves US coal producers and customers in the coke, steel and power industries. It has 18 million short tons of annual capacity (approximately 16.33 million metric tonnes). The terminal was acquired in October 2013 when SunCoke Energy purchased 100% ownership in Kanawha River Terminals LLC from Traxys North America LLC for a total price of US$86 million. Along with the Ceredo Coal Terminal, Kanawha River Terminals also operates the Quincy Coal Terminal.
- Operator: Kanawha River Terminals LLC
- Owner: SunCoke Energy
- Location: Ceredo, West Virginia
- Coordinates: 38.39845885804748, -82.55270403035938
- Capacity (Million metric tonnes per annum): 16.33
- Status: Operating
- Start year:
- Type: Exports, Imports
- Coal source:
Articles and resources
- FAST FACTS - SunCoke’s Kanawha River Coal Terminals, SunCoke, Accessed Sep. 6, 2021
- SunCoke Energy Partners, L.P. to Acquire Kanawha River Terminals LLC, SunCoke Energy, Aug. 6, 2013
Related GEM.wiki articles