Cikarang Babelan power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Cikarang Babelan power station (also referred to as Cikarang Listrindo, Cikarang Bakasi, or simply Cikarang) is a 280-megawatt (MW) coal-fired station in West Java Province, Indonesia.
The image below shows the power station in Muara Bakti Village, Babelan District, Bekasi Regency, West Java Province.
Background on Plant
In 2012 PT Cikarang Listrindo began construction on a two-unit coal-fired power plant with a total planned capacity of 280 MW in West Java Province. It is expected to be completed in 2017, although the company is accelerating construction and hopes to finish earlier than scheduled.
In May 2013, the government of Bekasi Regency accused the project's owners of illegally proceeding with the project before the regency government had approved the project. Regency officials have also argued that the company illegally moved the project's site from the village of Hurip Jaya to Muara Bakti. Local residents have also complained that truck traffic from the project is destroying local roads and disrupting traffic.
In August 2016, the company reported that the project was 86% complete.
In August 2017, the company reported that the plant is expected to be fully operational in the second half of 2017. Completion had been expected for January 2017 but was delayed by problems with two of the 101 transmission towers.
The power station was reported as fully completed in November 2017, with unit 1 commissioned in May 2017 and unit 2 in September 2017.
In April 2019 PT Cikarang Listrindo announced that it was studying the possibility of converting the plant to run on biomass.
- Sponsor: PT Cikarang Listrindo
- Parent company: PT Cikarang Listrindo
- Location: Muara Bakti Village, Babelan District, Bekasi Regency, West Java Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -6.11607, 107.05197 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross Capacity: 280 MW (Units 1 & 2: 140 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Start date: 2017
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- PLTB Babelan, Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2015.
- Muhammad Khamdi, Cikarang Listirindo Targetkan PLTB Bekasi Selesai 2017, Bisnis.com, 5 June 2014.
- "Cikarang Listrindo High-Yield Notes Offering and Concurrent Tender Offer and Consent Solicitation," DavisPolk, March 13, 2012
- "Metso to supply 270 MWe in boilers in Indonesia" Power Engineering International, January 1, 2012.
- Pemkab: Proyek PLTB Babelan Ilegal, Aktual, 27 May 2013.
- Adi Nugroho, Lokasi pembangunan PLTB di Bekasi dinilai salahi aturan, Merdeka, 8 Oct. 2014.
- Proyek PLTB Babelan Ancam Keselamatan Pengguna Jalan, Bekasi Ekspres, 25 Mar. 2014.
- "Cikarang Listrindo Ekspansi US$ 130 Juta," BeritaSATU.com, August 27, 2016
- Winny Tang, "Cikarang Listrindo pins hopes on new plant, eyes stable growth," Jakarta Post, 8 July 2017
- "Cikarang Listrindo to boost efficiency with new power plant," Jakarta Post, Nov 1, 2017
- Cikarang Listrindo (POWR) Akan Komersialkan Pembangkit Listrik EBT Tahun Ini, Bisnis.com, Apr. 16, 2019