Cora Coal Terminal
Cora Terminal is a bulk material handling facility located in Rockwood, Illinois and owned and operated by SCH Services LLC in partnership with Watco.
The terminal is located at mile 98.5 of the upper Mississippi River.
- Operator: SCH Services, LLC & Watco Companies, LLC
- Location: Rockwood, Illinois
- Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 11
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports
The terminal has an annual throughput capacity of 11 million tonnes, and storage of nearly one million tonnes. Rail service is carried out by Union Pacific. The terminal handles primarily coal, grain, and petcoke.
The terminal was owned by Kinder Morgan Energy Partners. On November 10, 2016, Watco Companies reached a definitive agreement with Kinder Morgan Terminals to purchase 20 bulk terminal operations in the United States, including Cora Terminal. In 2019, Watco began a partnership with SCH Services, LLC in order to increase its capabilities in the four rivers area of Illinois-Kentucky. The joint venture creates a three-terminal network with the Calvert City Terminal, Four Rivers Terminal, and Cora Terminal.
Articles and resources
- "Cora Terminal," SCH Services LLC, accessed August 2021.
- "Cora Terminal," Union Pacific, accessed May 2015.
- "Cora Marine Terminal," Watco, accessed August 2021.
- Daniel Cusick,"Peabody to boost exports from Gulf Coast as Pacific Northwest terminal plans stall," ClimateWire, July 18, 2012.
- "Kinder Morgan" Kinder Morgan Website, accessed May 19, 2012.
- "Watco To Purchase 14 Inland River Terminals From Kinder Morgan," Waterways Journal, Dec 5, 2016.
- Kyra Senese "Watco Companies, SCH Services announce joint venture," RT&S, May 8, 2019.