Cullen Resources is a Sydney headquartered mining exploration company with interests in gold, copper, nickel projects to the north and north-west of Kalgoorlie and a coal exploration project west of Broome in the Canning Basin in the Kimberley region.
On its website Cullen Resources lists four coal projects which it has interests in. These are the:
- Canning Basin Coal Project (Cullen Resources) with Advaita Resources: 1315km² of tenements and applications: 4,200m drill program completed – coal (0.19-0.55m thick) intersected in four holes
- expploration licenes and "applications in the Galilee, Millungera and Eromanga Basins" which it is seeking a joint venture partnership for;
- "applications in the Aranos Basin, Namibia". The company claims that the "planned Trans Kalahari railway will cross application area";
- "100km² application in the Peace River Coal Field, British Columbia, Canada" which the company claims has "potential for metallurgical coal next to applications by Anglo American plc."
In its September 2012 quarterly activities report Cullen states that "currently there is minimal activity on these projects pending tenement approvals, and Cullen may seek to farm – out these projects pending improvement in investor sentiment in the coal sector."
Board of Directors
As of November 2012, the board of directors of Cullen Resources are:
- Dr Denis Clarke, Non-Executive Chairman;
- Dr Chris Ringrose , Managing Director;
- Grahame Hamilton, Non-Executive Director;
- John Horsburgh, Non-Executive Director; and
- Wayne John Kernaghan, Non-Executive Director and Company Secretary
U4/7 Hardy Street
South Perth WA 6151
Telephone (08) 9474 5511
Facsimile (08) 9474 5588
Email: cullen AT cullenresources.com.au
Articles and resources
- "Executive Summary", Stratum Metal website, accessed September 2012.
- Cullen Resources, "Key projects", Cullen Resources website, accessed November 2012.
- Cullen Resources, "Quarterly Report for the period ended 30 September 2012", Cullen Resources website, October 31, 2012, page 18.
- Cullen Resources, "Director Profiles", Cullen Resources website, accessed November 2012.