This article is part of the collection of articles on coal projects in Victoria, Australia, which has been developed in conjunction with Environment Victoria. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Victoria and coal|
2019 Hot Topics
DICEnet, which is also occasionally referred to as the DICE Development Network, is a project closely associated with Ignite Energy Resources (IER) to promote the development and use of coal injected engines. DICEnet's phone number and office address are the same as for the Melbourne office of IER.  The domain name for the DICEnet website was registered by Louis Webberley from CSIRO Energy Technology in March 2013.
On its website DICEnet states that that it was formed in March 2013 as "the support group for the development and demonstration of the direct injection carbon engine (DICE) and associated fuel cycle for ultra-high efficiency power generation - from carbon fuels derived from coal and biomass."
On its website DICEnet states that its mission is:
"Supporting the development of DICE as the internationally preferred stationary electricity generation technology, utilising:
- Development of DICE fuels utilising abundant and low-cost coal reserves and biomass
- Demonstrating low market entry cost through modularisation and using standard engine technology
- Demonstrating the CO2 emissions and other environmental credentials of DICE
- Demonstration of DICE as a complementary generation partner with load variable and distributed renewable energy sources."
On its website DICEnet states that current participants are:
- Chair: Dr John White, Ignite Energy Resources
- Mr Michael Laird, GHD
- Mr Roland Davies, AGL Power
- Dr Phil Gurney, Brown Coal Innovation Australia
- Dr David McManus, Brown Coal Innovation Australia
- Dr Louis Wibberley, CSIRO
- Mr Geoff Gay, Energy Australia
- Dr David Brockway, Exergen
- Dr Slade Wormington , Exergen
- Mr Gordon Ewart, Ignite Energy Resources
- Mr Russell Rolls, Ignite Energy Resources
- Mr Fujita Tetsuo, JGC Coal Fuel
- Mr Larry Silva, MAN Diesel & Turbo
- Mr Jeffrey Maloney, MAN Diesel & Turbo
- Mr Richard Price, Newcrest
- Dr Knut Stahl, RWE Power
- Mr Raaj Kumar, Sinarmas Group
- Mr Scott Campbell, Worley Parsons
- Mr Karn Powanuson, Yancoal
- Mr Richard Taylor, Yancoal
DICE Development Network
Level 9, 267 Collins Street
Phone: +61 (03) 8600 7000
Email: info AT dice-net.org
Articles and resources
- "DICEnet: DICE Development Network", DICEnet website, accessed March 2014.
- Ignite Energy Resources, "Contact Details", Ignite Energy Resources website, accessed March 2014.
- "dice-net.org registry whois", Whois.com, accessed March 2014.
- DICEnet, "Our Mission", DICEnet website, accessed March 2014.
- "Participants", DICEnet website, accessed March 2014.
- "Vics clean coal boon", Herald Sun, November 18, 2013.
- Phillip Hudson, "Latrobe Valley pollution could be halved under Abbott plan to clean up coal-fired power", Herald Sun, November 18, 2013.
- Paddy Manning, "The White elephant clean coal project Hunt loves that just won’t work", Crikey, December 20, 2013.