Dahanu Port - classified by World Port Source as a "very small port" - is located in Dahanu, Maharashtra, India. In 2006, Steel Guru listed Dahanu as one of several small ports in Maharashtra that were gearing up to develop dedicated coal handling facilities.
A coal terminal at Dahanu Port was first proposed in the 1990s, but faced strong opposition from local fisherman. In 2015, prospects for a coal port near Dahanu were revived with the announcement of the new Wadhwan Port, to built on reclaimed land approximately 10km southwest of Dahanu.
- Operator: Maharashtra Maritime Board
- Location: Dahanu coast, Palghar, Maharashtra, India
- Annual Capacity (Tonnes):
- Status: Operating
- Projected In Service:
- Type: Imports
- Coal Source:
Articles and Resources
- "Port of Dahanu" World Port Source website, accessed February 2018.
- "Regional Port Offices: Bandra Group of Ports" Maharashtra Maritime Board website, accessed February 2018.
- "Smaller ports in Maharashtra gearing up to handle coal imports" Steel Guru, January 15, 2006.