Donora River Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Coal Terminals Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
The Donora River Terminal is a coal-handling facility located on the Monongahela River, south of the city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, United States.
The map below shows the Donora River Terminal at mile marker 34 on the Monongahela River.
The terminal primarily serves as a link between metallurgical coal mined in western Pennsylvania and steelmakers in the region. The terminal handles 1.5 million short tons of coal per year (approximately 1.36 million metric tonnes). Robindale Energy acquired the terminal in 2014.
- Owner: Robindale Energy
- Location: Donora, Pittsburgh
- Capacity (Million metric tonnes per annum): 1.36
- Status: Operating
- Start year:
- Type: Domestic
- Coal source: Western Pennsylvania
Articles and resources
- Donora River Terminal, Robindale Energy, Accessed Oct. 2021
- SENNEBOGEN 875 R-HD Is On The Mark For Robindale Energy’s Donora Dock Operation, Sennebogen, Accessed Oct. 2021