Fandyushkinskoye Pole coal mine
The Fandyushkinskoye Pole coal mine is a proposed surface coal mine, to be operated by LLC Beringpromugol, a subsidiary of Tigers Realm Coal, producing 1 million tonnes per annum, in Chukotka Okrug, Russia. The project currently has no name but is located in the Fandyushkinskoye pole coal deposit.
The image below shows the approximate location of the mine.
A full range of exploration work has been completed at the proposed mine site, according to a document from the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation. In 2016, the company proposed increasing production to 10 million tonnes, but in Ministry documents in 2020, project proposals are listed only for 1 million tonnes.
- Sponsor: LLC Beringpromugol
- Parent Company: Tigers Realm Coal
- Location: Chukotka Okrug, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 66.82903, 170.744804 (approximate)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 1 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface, open pit
- Start Year: 2021
- Source of Financing:
Related SourceWatch articles
- Nadezhda Ivanova,Australian Tigers Realm Starts Development, Russia Mining, 8 November 2016
- Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation, "Strategy and Programme for Russia’s Coal Industry Development to 2035," January 2020.
- Nadezhda Ivanova, Australian Tigers Realm Starts Development, Russia Mining, 8 November 2016