Ghadir Iron & Steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Ghadir Iron & Steel plant (شرکت آهن و فولاد غدیر ایرانیان (Persian)) is an electric steel plant in Yazd, Iran.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Yazd, Iran.
Electric steel production at Ghadir Iron & Steel stopped sometime between 2015 and the present. USGS reported steel production in 2015.
- Private/State ownership: mixture (Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO))
- Parent company: Iranian Mines and Mining Industries Development and Renovation Organization (IMIDRO), Ghadir Investment Company, Chadormalu Mining & Industrial Co. (CMIC), Alloy Steel Co.
- Owner: Iranian Ghadir Iron & Steel Co.
- Alternative plant names: Yazd Industrial & Constructional, Meibod (Maybod) Steel Co. (predecessor)
- Other language plant name: شرکت آهن و فولاد غدیر ایرانیان (Persian)
- Location: 25th Km. Ardakan, Naein Road, Yazd, Iran
- GPS Coordinates: 32.389571, 53.750272 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2006 (age 13–14) (date of establishment of Ghadir Iron & Steel Co.)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Sponge iron and HBI: 800
- Steel products: DRI
- Steelmaking process: DRI
- Primary steel production equipment: Midrex DRI plant (2010)
Articles and resources