Global Energy Monitor:Sulut-3 power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Sulawesi Utara-3 power station is a proposed 100-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in North Sulawesi province, Indonesia. It is more commonly known as the Sulut-3 power station.
The map below shows the location of Kema district, North Sulawesi. (Note: Sulawesi Utara means North Sulawesi)
In May 2015, state electricity company PT PLN launched pre-qualifications for the development of several gas-fired and coal-fired power plants in West Java, West Kalimantan, and North Sulawesi. For the Sulawesi Utara-3 project, the bid winner will develop, finance, construct, and operate the project on a build-own-operate-transfer (BOOT) scheme, pursuant to a power purchase agreement for up to 25 years. The project sponsor must also finance and construct a 500 kV transmission line. Under the BOOT arrangement, the BOOT sponsor will transfer ownership to PT PLN at the end of the arranged term.
In the 2017-2026 long-range plan, the project is scheduled for 2020. In April 2018 it was reported that PT Minahasa Cahaya Lestari (MCL), a subsidiary of PT Toba Bara Tbk, is planning to build the plant and commission it by 2020. MCL plans to spend US$215 million or Rp2.79 trillion to develop the power plant as well as a 7-km transmission line. The plant will be located in Kema I village, Kema subdistrict, North Sulawesi.
- Sponsor: Unknown
- Parent company:
- Location: North Sulawesi province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: 1.3535999,125.0107677 (approximate)
- Status: Pre-permit development
- Gross Capacity: 100 MW (2 x 50 MW)
- Type: Subcritical
- Projected in service: 2020
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- "PLN launches prequalification for 3 gas and coal fired power plant projects," RambuEnergy, May 11, 2015
- "NOTICE OF REQUEST FOR RE-PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR THE IMPLEMENTATION OF (2 X 50 MW) SULUT-3 COAL-FIRED STEAM POWER PLANT INDEPENDENT POWER PRODUCER PROJECT," PT PLN (Persero) Head Office, September 18, 2015
- Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik (RUPTL) 2017-2026, PT PLN Persero, p.VI-61
- Minahasa Cahaya Lestari to build 100 MW power plant in North Minahasa, Rambu Energy, Apr. 20, 2017