Ignite Energy 'CAT-HTR' Demonstration Plant
This article is part of the collection of articles on coal projects in Victoria, Australia, which has been developed in conjunction with Environment Victoria. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Victoria and coal|
2019 Hot Topics
The Ignite Energy 'CAT-HTR' Demonstration Plant is a plant located in Somersby near Gosford in NSW to trial the processing of approximately 20,000 tonnes a year of brown coal into oil and dry coal. The project, which was established in 2009, is owned by Ignite Energy Resources with the support of TRUenergy.
Google Satellits image & Street View image
- http://g.co/maps/cu9tz the large building on the right is the main demonstration centre and the office is to the left)
- http://g.co/maps/nen6y (the building on the left is the main demonstration centre and the office is to the right).
Articles and resources
- Ignite Energy Resources (IER) and TRUenergy, "Ignite Energy Resources and TRUenergy announce a direct coal-to-liquids and coal drying demonstration project in the Latrobe Valley", Media Release, July 9, 2009.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Australia and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Australia
- New South Wales and coal
- Queensland and coal
- Ignite Energy Resources, "Minister inspects ground breaking coal emissions abatement technology ", Media Release, December 14, 2011.
- Martin Ferguson, "Biofuels Plant Offers Cleaner Energy Options", Media Release, December 14, 2011.