Irkutsk-6 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Irkutsk-6 power station is a 270-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Irkutsk province, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is near Bratsk, in Bratsky district, Irkutsk province.
Background on Plant
The five-unit, 270-MW coal-fired Irkutsk-6 power station is owned by Irkutskenergo which is 90.2% owned by En+Group. The plant’s five units were brought online between 1965 and 1977. The boilers of the Irkutsk-6 power station operate on a coal mixture consisting of 70% of Irbei low-ash coal and 30% of Zheronsk coal. In December 2019 the Board of Directors of Irkutskenergo approved a deal with JSC Irkutskenergoremont in the amount of 725 million rubles to repair and renovate the plant.
In December 2019 Irkutskenergo announced that it planned to sell its coal plants and other coal assets, possibly to Gazprom Energoholding LLC, which would facilitate the conversion of these plants to gas.
In December 2019 Irkutskenergo announced that it planned to sell its power plant holdings to its subsidiary Baikal Energy Company for 27 billion rubles. The sale was finalized and these holdings were transferred on Sep. 1, 2020.
In September 2020 En+Group announced a plan to refurbish and modernize the plant by 2022, and in the process increase its capacity by 5 MW.
- Sponsor: Baikal Energy Company
- Parent company: En+Group
- Location: Bratsk, Bratsky district, Irkutsk province, Russia
- Coordinates: 56.122361, 101.601071 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 270 MW: Unit 1: 60 MW; Unit 2: 50 MW; Unit 3: 60 MW; Unit 4: 50 MW; Unit 5: 50 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: Unit 1: 1965; Unit 2: 1965; Unit 3: 1971; Unit 4: 1973; Unit 5: 1977
- Coal type: Sub-bituminous
- Coal source: 70% Irbei low-ash coal; 30% Zheronsk coal
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Irkutsk CHP Thermal Power Station-6 Russia, Global Energy Observatory, accessed June 2018.
- Иркутская ТЭЦ-6, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- Иркутская ТЭЦ-6, EnergyBase.ru, Accessed June 9, 2021
- В иркутском Братске отремонтируют ТЭЦ-6, Sibnovosti.ru., Dec. 18, 2019
- Russian energy giant looks to shed coal assets, reports say, Bellona, Dec. 5, 2019
- Приход "Газпрома" и повышение тарифов, Irkutsk Media, Feb. 3, 2020
- Иркутскэнерго продаст дочке весь теплогенерирующий и сетевой комплекс Иркутской области, Neftegaz, Dec. 31, 2019.
- В Иркутской области статус ресурсоснабжающей организации присвоен "Байкальской энергетической компании", sia.ru, Oct. 8, 2020
- Group выбрала РОТЕК для модернизации ТЭЦ-6 в Братске, Neftegaz, Sep. 16, 2020