JSW Steel Vijayanagar steel plant
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
JSW Steel Vijayanagar is an integrated steel plant in Bellary, Toranagallu, Karnataka, India.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Bellary, Toranagallu, Karnataka, India.
The Japan Bank for International Cooperation (JBIC) signed a USD30 million loan for JSW Steel on January 9, 2020 in order to expand JSW Steel Vijayanagar. The funds from JBIC are intended to be used to purchase a wire rod mill from Primetals Technologies Limited.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Owner: JSW Steel
- Parent company: JSW Group
- Location: Sandur Taluk, Vijyanagar Post, Bellary, Toranagallu, Karnataka 583275, India
- GPS Coordinates: 15.180423, 76.663134 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 1994 (age 26–27)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- 2019 Production (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Steel product category: flat, long
- Steel products: hot rolled, cold rolled, bar, galvanized, wire rod, specialty steel
- Steelmaking process: integrated (BF and DRI)
- Primary steel production equipment: pelletizing plant; blast furnace (BF) (# unknown); direct reduced iron (DRI) (2 Corex 2000 + Midrex DR (1999)); basic oxygen furnace (BOF) (# unknown); coke ovens (# unknown); sinter plant
- Power source: JSW Vijayanagar Toranagallu power station; 860MW power plant in Vijaynagar consisting of 2 130MW units in SBU I (2000) and 2 300MW units in SBU II (2009), 76 MW captive power plant. Also recycles 96% of coke oven gas for power generation.
Articles and resources
- Vijayanagar Works Overview, JSW Steel, Retrieved on: May 7, 2020
- Loan for JSW Steel Limited in India, Japan Bank for International Cooperation, Retrieved on: May 7, 2020
- JSW Steel Facilities, JSW Steel, Retrieved on: May 7, 2020
- Corex, Primetals Technologies, Retrieved on: May 7, 2020
- Annual Report 2018-2019, Ministry of Steel, Government of India, 2019
- Vijayanagar Works Technology, JSW Steel, Retrieved on: May 7, 2020
- Corex, Siemens VAI Metals Technologies GmbH, 2013
- Top-notch Efficiency from Down South, JSW Steel, Retrieved on: May 7, 2020
- About JSW Projects Limited, JSW Steel, Retrieved on: May 7, 2020