The Jacintoport Terminal is situated on a 125-acre tract on the north side of the Houston Ship Channel near Channelview, Texas. It is operated by Jacintoport International, a cargo handling and stevedoring firm headquartered in Houston. It operates Jacintoport Terminal under a long-term lease from the Port Authority of Houston.
Jacintoport International said it planned to build a coal export facility with a capacity of 13.6 million tonnes per annum at the terminal, although this proposal appears to have been shelved, with no recent project information available.
- Sponsor: Jacintoport International
- Location: Channelview, Texas
- Proposed Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 13.6
- Status: Cancelled (no recent activity)
- Type: Exports
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "Jacintoport Bulk Terminal (Houston, TX)," Clean Gulf Commerce Coalition, accessed May 2015
- Sylvie Cornot-Gandolphe “US Coal Exports: The Long Road to Asian Markets,” Oxford OIES PAPER: CL 2, March 2015