The Kapurdi mine is owned by Barmer Lignite Mining Company, a joint venture established by Raj West Power (49%), a subsidiary of JSW Energy, and Rajasthan State Minerals and Mining (51%) in Barmer, Rajasthan, India.
The map below shows the location of the mine.
On its website Rajasthan State Minerals and Mining previously stated that the company was formed to mine "two contiguous blocks viz Kapurdi and Jalipa in the district of Barmer ... Jalipa and Kapurdi Lignite Mining blocks are situated within 20 kms north of Barmer Town on NH-15 and contain the estimated insitu geological reserve of about 466 million tonnes of lignite." (In a January 2012 investor presentation JSW Energy referred to the two coal blocks being developed as two separate mines, which it refers to as Jalipa mine and Kapurdi mine.)
In the presentation JSW Energy stated that lignite production had commenced at the Kapurdi mine.
- Sponsor: Barmer Lignite Mining Company
- Parent company: Raj West Power (49%) (a subsidiary of JSW Energy) and Rajasthan State Minerals and Mining (51%)
- Location: Barmer, Rajasthan, India.
- GPS coordinates: 25.9423, 71.344253
- Status: Operating
- Production Capacity: 4.50 million tonnes
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 129.79 million tonnes
- Coal Type:
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Surface, Opencast
- Start Year: 2012
- Source of Financing:
- Permits and Applications:
Resources and articles
Related GEM.wiki articles
- JSW Energy, "Energising India", Investor presentation, January 2012, page 24. (Pdf)
- India gives nod to JSW Energy's Kapurdi expansion, Asian Power, September 30, 2014
- Rajasthan State Minerals and Mining, "Barmer Lignite Mining Company Limited", Rajasthan State Minerals and Mining website, accessed January 2012.
- JSW Energy, "Energising India", Investor presentation, January 2012, page 27. (Pdf)