Khabarovsk-1 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Khabarovsk-1 power station is a 455-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Khabarovsk territory, Russia. (Additional units at this plant have been converted to natural gas.)
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Industrialny rayon, Khabarovsk city, Khabarovsk territory.
Background on Plant
The eight-unit, 455-MW coal-fired Khabarovsk-1 power station is owned by RusHydro. The plant’s eight units were brought online between 1954 and 1972. Units 9-15 at Khabarovsk-1 have been converted to run on natural gas.
In July 2018 the Ministry of Energy announced a program of financial incentives for transitioning coal-fired plants to run on gas. In November 2018 the Far Eastern Generating Co. tendered the construction of a gas-fired plant, Khabarovsk-4, that would be built by 2020 and would replace the coal-fired units at Khabarovsk-1. In June 2019 it was reported that Khabarovsk-4 would be built and Khabarovsk-1 would be retired by 2023.
In October 2019 a fire at the plant caused the temporary closure of some units and led to a loss of power for 58,000 residents.
In May 2019 the plant was ordered to pay a 90,000-ruble fine for dumping petroleum products into the Amur River in March 2019.
- Sponsor: JSC RAO Energy System of East
- Parent company: RusHydro
- Location: Industrialny rayon, Khabarovsk city, Khabarovsk territory, Russia
- Coordinates: 48.413754, 135.118613 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Gross capacity: 455 MW
- Type: Subcritical
- In service: 1954-72
- Coal type: Lignite
- Coal source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Хабаровская ТЭЦ-1, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- Khabarovsk-1 Powerplant, Enipedia, accessed June 2018.
- Минэнерго предлагает компаниям льготы при использовании локализованных в РФ турбин, Tass, Jul. 31, 2018
- ДГК разработает проекты Хабаровской ТЭЦ-4 и Артемовской ТЭЦ-2 PrimeMedia.ru, Nov. 29, 2018
- Санитарную зону вокруг ТЭЦ-1 увеличат за счет сноса частных домов (ВИДЕО), DVHAB.RU, Jun. 11, 2019
- Хабаровске потушили пожар на территории ТЭЦ-1, ria.ru, Oct. 8, 2019
- Хабаровская ТЭЦ-1 заплатит 90 тыс руб за сбросы в Амур, todaykhv.ru, May 23, 2019