Krasnoyarsk CHP-3 power station
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Krasnoyarsk CHP-3 power station is a 208-megawatt (MW) coal-fired power plant in Krasnoyarsk territory, Russia.
The undated satellite photo below shows the plant, which is in Krasnoyarsk city, Krasnoyarsk territory.
Background on Plant
The Krasnoyarsk CHP-3 power station began operating as a heat generating station in 1992. It operates 7 coal-fired boilers for heat and hot water generation.
The RAO UES 2006-10 five-year plan (from before the restructuring of RAO UES), which RAO management approved in January 2007, listed as a long-term project the addition of two 185-MW coal-fired units at Krasnoyarsk CHP-3, with completion dates of 2009-10.
In 2009, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development provided a loan of approximately US$75 million to finance construction of one of the 185-MW units at Krasnoyarsk CHP-3.
In March 2012, Yenisei TGC (TGC-13), a subsidiary of Siberian Generating Company (SUEK), finished construction on the first 208-MW, $20 million unit of the Krasnoyarsk-3 coal-fired power plant, and brought the unit online.
In October 2018 a new generator with 208-MW capacity and an estimated lifespan of 40 years was brought online and replaced the plant's old generator.
In June 2021, SUEK announced that it would invest a combined total of RUR 33 billion toward modernization efforts at the Krasnoyarsk CHP-3 power station and the nearby Krasnoyarsk CHP-1 power station.
- Sponsor: Yenisei TGC (TGC-13)
- Parent company: Siberian Generating Company (SUEK)
- Location: Krasnoyarsk city, Krasnoyarsk territory, Russia
- Coordinates: 56.10880, 93.09209 (exact)
- Status: Operating (Unit 1); Cancelled (Unit 2)
- Gross Capacity: 208 MW (Unit 1)
- Type: Subcritical
- In Service: Mar. 2012 (Unit 1)
- Coal Type: Lignite
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing: European Bank for Reconstruction and Development
Articles and resources
- Красноярская ТЭЦ-3, Siberian Generating Company, Accessed June 10, 2021
- Investment Program of RAO UES of Russia Thermal Generation Companies for 2006-2010 and Key Power-Generating Equipment Required by OGK/TGK for its Implementation, RAO UES document, Jan. 29, 2007.
- TGK-13 Capacity Financing, European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, July 14, 2009
- Krasnoyarsk City Council Deputies Having Highly Appreciated Significance of Krasnoyarsk CHP-3 First Power Unit, TGC-13 press release, Apr. 10, 2012.
- Yenisei TGC Having Increased the Volume of Ash and Slag Wastes Utilization by 23% As Compared to the Previous Year, TGC-13 press release, May 30, 2012.
- ГОДОВОЙ ОТЧЕТ ОАО «Енисейская ТГК (ТГК-13)» по результатам работы за 2012 год, TGC-13 website, accessed Feb. 2012.
- Красноярская ТЭЦ-3, Wikipedia (Russian), accessed June 2018.
- Новый генератор запустили на Красноярской ТЭЦ-3, Tass, Oct. 19, 2018
- СГК инвестирует около 12 млрд рублей в обновление новосибирской ТЭЦ-3, Kommersant.ru, June 8, 2021
- The EBRD to Provide for $75 Million Credit to JSC “Yenisei TGC (TGC-13)” for Finishing of Building at the Krasnoyarsk CHP-3, TGC-13 press release, Aug. 11, 2009.