Kushiro coal mine
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Kushiro coal mine is an operating mine in Kushiro, Japan. As of 2021, it is Japan's last operating coal mine.
The map below shows the exact location of the mine.
Kushiro Coal Mine Company owns and operates the mine.
- Operator: Kushiro Coal Mine Company
- Owner: Kushiro Coal Mine Company
- Location: Kushiro, Japan
- Coordinates: 42.957402, 144.425538 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 0.4 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Reserves:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal Type: Thermal
- Mine Type: Underground
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and Resources
- Nathanial Gronewold, As U.S. shuns coal, Japan builds new plants, E.E. News, March 29, 2019.