Leyte power station
|This article is part of the GEM.wiki coverage of the The Philippines and coal|
Leyte power station is a proposed coal-fired power plant in Leyte province, Philippines.
The map below shows the location of Leyte, the approximate location where the plant would be built.
Background on Plant
In April 2015 Global Business Power Corp. (GBPC) announced plans for a coal-fired power station in the province of Leyte, and another in the province of Bohol, both in the Philippines. The company said it was still determining the capacity of the proposed power stations. The projects would be completed within five years after approval.
As of May 2019 there had been no further announcements about this project, and it appears to be cancelled.
- Sponsor: Global Business Power Corp. (GBPC)
- Parent company: Beacon PowerGen Holdings (56%), JG Summit Holdings (30%), MERALCO (14%)
- Location: Leyte province, Eastern Visayas region, Philippines
- Coordinates: 11, 124.85 (approximate)
- Status: Cancelled
- Projected in service:
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source:
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Michelle L. Palaubsanon, " Firm eyes power plants in Bohol, Leyte," The Freeman, April 9, 2015