Muara Enim power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Indonesia and coal|
Muara Enim power station (also known as South Sumatra 6 or SS-6) is a proposed 600-megawatt (MW) mine-mouth coal plant in South Sumatra Province, Indonesia.
The original project may have fallen through and is now the Sumsel-6 power station.
The map below shows the location of Muara Enim Regency, the approximate location where the plant will be built in South Sumatra Province.
In February 2012, a contract to build the two-unit, 600-MW coal-fired Muara Enim (SS-6) power station was awarded to a joint venture by Korean company POSCO and Indonesian company DH Energy. The companies had signed letters of intent so contractors could directly seek financing for the projects before beginning construction. Commercial operations were projected for 2015. The project is a "mine mouth" plant; there are numerous major coal mines in Muara Enim Regency and surrounding areas. The plant would cost around $1 billion.
The 2016-2025 long range plan for PT PLN shows the project in the Planning stage ("Rencana") with projected completion in 2019/2020.
- Sponsor: Pendopo Energy
- Parent company: POSCO and DH Energy
- Location: Muara Enim Regency, South Sumatra Province, Indonesia
- Coordinates: -3.651581, 103.770798 (approximate)
- Status: Announced
- Gross Capacity: 600 MW (Units 1 & 2: 300 MW)
- Projected in service: 2019-20
- Coal Type:
- Coal Source: Mine-mouth
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Rangga D. Fadillah, "Contracts for 3 mine-mouth power plants awarded," Jakarta Post, February 25, 2012
- Bumi Bentuk Konsorsium Dengan Posco Bangun PLTU Rp 9 T, Berita Satu, 24 Feb. 2012.
- “PLN Long Term Electricity Plan (2013-2023),” presentation by Moch. Sofyan, Head of New & Renewable Division of PT PLN (Persero), 06 March 2014, page 13
- "Pembangunan PLTU Mulut Tambang Banyak Hambatan," Beritapagi, 19 June 2015
- “Rencana Usaha Penyediaan Tenaga Listrik, PT PLN (Persero), 2016-2025,” Kementerian Energi Dan Sumber Daya Mineral, June 2016