|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
NCC Roodekop Coal Mine is a SURFACE mine in Kriel District, Mpumalanga, South Africa.
The map below shows the EXACT location of the mine.
Universal Coal operates the mine, which is owned by Ichor Coal. The New Clydesdale Colliery Roodekop project is an opencast mine that is adjacent to the underground mine the New Clydesdale coal mine. These mines are operated together by Universal Coal under separate mining rights  The electricity producer Eskom is the primary consumer of coal from the mine.
- Operator: Universal Coal 
- Owner: Ichor Coal 
- Location: Kriel District, Mpumalanga, South Africa 
- Coordinates: -26.139556, 29.316305 (Exact)
- Status: Operating
- Capacity: 2.2 million tonnes per annum (Mtpa)
- Total Resource: 54.5 
- Reserves: 3.5 million tonnes (Proven Reserve)
- Coal Type: BITUMINOUS (Thermal and Met)
- Mine Type: SURFACE
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Ichor Coal, "NCC Roodekop", Ichor Coal website, Accessed March 2021
- Mining Review, "Universal Coal’s NCC flies high into 2017", Mining Review Website, Accessed March 2021
- Australian Securities Exchange "Universal Coal set to Acquire New Clydesdale Colliery for Exxaro", ASX website, Accessed March 2021