Odisha and coal
From Global Energy Monitor
Coal plants in Odisha, India
For a full list and map of all coal plants in Odisha (formerly Orissa), India, go to CoalSwarm's Global Coal Plant Tracker and choose Region South Asia, Map India - Odisha.
Opencast and underground coal mining take place in Angul District and in Jharsuguda District, both located in the western part of the state. These mines produced 47.8 million tonnes of coal during 2001-2002. The largest mining company in Orissa was Mahanadi Coalfields Ltd, a subsidiary of Coal India.
Articles and Resources
- ↑ "Coal Mines in Orissa," accessed June 2012
- ↑ "India", World Coal Institute, undated, accessed June 2008.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- India and coal
- Andhra Pradesh and coal
- Bihar and coal
- Chhattisgarh and coal
- Gujarat and coal
- Haryana and coal
- Jharkhand and coal
- Karnataka and coal
- Madhya Pradesh and coal
- Maharashtra and coal
- Punjab and coal
- Rajasthan and coal
- Tamil Nadu and coal
- Uttar Pradesh and coal
- West Bengal and coal
- "Sierra Club India Trip" Sierra Club, April 12, 2011
- Jeff Biggers, "India's Coal Rush: Interview With Jharkhand Leader Bulu Imam" League of India, March 6, 2011
- "Jharkhand: A Disappearing World" Panos Pictures, accessed May 2011.
- Srinivas Krishnaswamy, "SHIFTING OF GOAL POSTS: Rural Electrification in India: A Progress Report," Vasudha Foundation, March, 2010
- Jason Miklian and Scott Carney, "Fire in the Hole: How India's economic rise turned an obscure communist revolt into a raging resource war," Foreign Policy, September / October 2010
- Abhay Singh and Pratik Parija, "Coal India Seeks Faster Approvals, Imports, Overseas Miners", Bloomberg, July 1, 2009.
- Ministry of Coal, "Coal Mining in India: The Past", Ministry of Coal website, accessed June 2008.
- Ministry of Coal, 2007-2008 Annual Report", Government of India Ministry of Coal. (Large Pdf)
- International Energy Agency, "Coal in India in 2005", International Energy Agency website, accessed June 2008.
- U.S. Geological Survey, India 1994-2006
- "India", World Coal Institute, undated, accessed June 2008.
- Country Profile: Focus on India", Ecoal, World Coal Institute, July 2006.
- Tony Herbert and Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt, "Coal Sector Loans and Displacement of Indigenous Populations: Lessons from Jharkhand" Economic and Political Weekly, June 5, 2004
- "India: National Ambient Air Quality Standards," India Central Pollution Control Board, published 1984 and 1988.