Point Comfort Coal Terminal
The Port of Port Lavaca – Point Comfort is a seaport along the shores of Matagorda Bay, and includes terminals at both Port Lavaca and Point Comfort, Texas. It is operated by the Calhoun Port Authority.
The terminals are connected to the Gulf of Mexico through the Matagorda Ship Channel and by rail via Union Pacific Railroad.
In 2013 the Texas Commission on Environmental Quality (TCEQ) made a preliminary decision to approve a permit for a facility that will import and export coal and petroleum coke through Point Comfort. The Calhoun Port Authority plans on exporting 3.35 million tonnes of coal and petcoke annually.
As of March 2018 the terminal does not appear to have any coal capacity.
- Operator: Calhoun Port Authority
- Location: Point Comfort, Texas
- Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 3.35
- Status: Cancelled
- Type: Exports
Articles and resources
- "Another proposed coal export terminal bites the dist," Sierra Club, Dec 9, 2013
- "Coal Exports: The Next Big Threat," Texas Public Citizen, 2014
- "Point Comfort Terminal," NorthStar MidStream, accessed March 2018