Port of Flensburg
Port of Flensburg is in the coastal town of Flensburg in the state of Schleswig-Holstein, Germany. It handles coal.
The Flensburger Hafen GmbH is responsible for the operation of the Flensburg harbor.
In 2005, 337,000 tons of coal were landed, which corresponded to 61% of the port's total handling volume. At that time, 12% of the total throughput was for animal feed, 11% for fertilizers and 9% for split. The outgoing cargo handling consisted of 2079 t of grain and general cargo and 8568 t of feed.
In 2016, goods with a weight of 306,175 tonnes were handled in the Flensburg port (2015: 360,734 t, 2014: 367,883 t). The main part of the tonnage was again made up of coal (2015: 227,017 t; 2014: 239,000 t, 2013: 255,000 t) for the Stadtwerke power plant on the west bank.
- Operator: Flensburger Hafen GmbH
- Location: Schleswig-Holstein, Germany
- Annual Capacity (Tonnes): 227,017 (coal in 2015)
- Status: Operating
- Sources of coal:
Articles and Resources
- "German Ports Guide," Bremenports (PDF), June 2014
- "Flensburg is losing cargo · The fall in handling in 2014 was almost eight percent.," Daily port report , January 30, 2015
- "Flexikon. 725 aha experiences from Flensburg!," article: Harniskai , 2009