Port of Hamburg
Port of Hamburg is in Hamburg, Germany. It is the largest port in Germany.
The port is on the river Elbe, located 110 kilometers from the mouth of the Elbe River into the North Sea.
The port receives roughly five million tonnes of coal per year, mostly bound for power plants in Lower Saxony. Port officials speculated in 2012 that coal imports may increase due to construction of the coal-fired Moorburg Power Station. Coal is imported from Scandinavia, South Africa, and Australia.
- Operator: Hamburg Port Authority
- Location: Hamburg, Germany
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes): 5 million (average)
- Status: Operating
- Type: Imports
- Sources of coal: Scandinavia, South Africa and Australia
Articles and Resources
- "Hamburg is staying on course: The Port Development Plan to 2025," Hamburg Port Authority, October 2012
- "Ore and coal," Port of Hamburg, accessed May 2015