Port of Qingdao
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Port of Qingdao is a seaport in Shandong, People's Republic of China. It handles coal.
The Port of Qingdao contains three major areas: the Old Port, Huangdao Oil Port, and Qianwan New Port.
The port is on the Yellow Sea in the vicinity of Qingdao.
The Port of Qingdao handles a wide range of general, bulk, and project cargoes. The major cargoes handled include containers, iron ore, coal, crude oil, and grain. According to Port Technology, the Qingdao Port is the fifth biggest in China and eighth busiest in the world.
In 2020, the Dongjiakou Port Area was added to the Qingdao Port as a multipurpose hub to optimize logistics, saving the port $14.2 million (100 million yuan) a year in logistics costs. In 2021, it became the site of the world's first suspended monorail capable of carrying fully loaded 20 and 40-foot containers, which was under construction since 2020.
The port provides metal ore and coal handling services primarily through nine dedicated berths at the Qianwan Port Area; six multi-purpose berths at the Qianwan Port Area; and five multi-purpose berths at the Dagang Port Area. Customers are primarily domestic and international metal and mining companies and domestic power plants and steel plants.
- Operator: Qingdao Port International Co.
- Location: Qingdao, Shandong province, China
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes per year): 15 million
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports
- Coal source:
Articles and resources
- "Port of Qingdao" World Port Source, accessed August 2, 2011.
- "Qingdao launches new port area to cut logistics costs". Port Technology International. 2020-07-08. Retrieved 2021-07-22.
- Built by China (2021-06-30). "World's first smart container transport system put into use at east China's Qingdao Port 全球首個智能集裝箱運輸". Youtube. Retrieved 2021-07-22.
- "Coal Terminals," CCCC First Harbor Consultants, accessed June 2015
- "Coal Terminal at Qianwan Harbour of Qingdao Port". CCCC First Harbor Consultants. 2018-04-23. Retrieved 2021-07-22.
- "Business Overview -> Our Services -> Metal ore and coal handling," Qingdao Port International Co., accessed June 2015