Puerto La Ceiba
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Venezuela and coal|
Puerto La Ceiba is a port operated by Bolipuertos in La Ceiba, Trujillo, on the eastern shore of Lago de Maracaibo, Venezuela. It exports approximately 600,000 tonnes of Colombian coal annually.
Between 2012 and 2015, Puerto La Ceiba exported 1.475 million tonnes of goods including coal, sugar, gypsum, and clinker. The port has storage capacity for 400,000 tonnes of coal. After a period of closure, Puerto La Ceiba officially reopened in June 2016, with more than 150,000 tonnes of coal ready to ship within the first few days of renewed operation.
- Operator: Bolipuertos
- Location: La Ceiba, Trujillo, Venezuela
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes): 600,000
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports
- Sources of coal: Colombia
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "Vuelve de nuevo el fantasma del carbón al Zulia", Sociedad Homo et Natura, November 15, 2016.
- "Gobierno Bolivariano reactivó el Puerto La Ceiba en Trujillo", Minesterio de Poder Popular para el Transporte, June 28, 2016.
- "Reactivan en Trujillo el Puerto La Ceiba para acelerar el Motor Exportación", Noticias 24, June 28, 2016.