SSAB Americas Alabama steel plant
From Global Energy Monitor
|This article is part of the Global Steel Plant Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
SSAB Americas Alabama steel plant is an electric steel plant in Axis, Alabama, United States.
The map below shows the location of the steel plant in Axis, Alabama, United States.
- Private/State ownership: private
- Parent company: SSAB
- Intermediate subsidiary: SSAB Americas
- Owner: SSAB Iowa Inc.
- Alternative plant names: Ipsco Alabama
- Location: 12400 Highway 43 North, Axis, Alabama 36505, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 30.941783, -88.012437 (exact)
- Plant status: operating
- Start year: 2001 (age 19–20)
- Production capacities (thousand tonnes per annum):
- Crude steel: 1270 (EAF)
- Steel product category: flat
- Steel products: heavy plate, coil
- Steel sector end users: transportation, energy
- Steelmaking process: electric
- Primary steel production equipment: 1 electric arc furnace (EAF) (2001)
Articles and resources