The Samleswari coal mine produces 14.71 million ton-per-annum (MTPA) in Ib Valley coalfield in Odisha state, India. It is part o the larger network of Ib Valley coal mines.
The map below shows the location of the Samleswari mine, near Tikilpara village, Sundergarh district, Odisha state.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Tikilpara village, Sundergarh district, Odisha state, India
- Coordinates: 21.805789, 83.903847 (exact)
- Status: Operating, with expansion under construction/planned
- Capacity: 14.71 MTPA existing, 10 MTPA under development
- Reserves: 143.49 MT 
- Resources: 179.75 MT 
- Start Year:1989-90
- Mine Depth: 183 m
- Coal type:
- Mining method: Surface
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited 2013-14 Annual Report, pp. 20-21.
- Bioprofile of Projects, MCL website, accessed May 2015.
- Coal India, "Application for Environmental Clearance Form - 2", Accessed May 2021
- Envionrmental Clearance, accessed June 2020