The Skyline Complex is an underground coal mining operation in Carbon County, Utah.
- MSHA ID: 4201566
- Sponsor: Canyon Fuel Company
- Parent Company: Wolverine Fuels
- Location: Helper, Carbon County, Utah, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 39.684262, -111.203361
- Mine Status: Active
- Production (short tons): 3,915,855 (2019)
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal Type: Bituminous
- Mining Method: Underground
- Mine size:
- Start Year: 1996
- Number of Employees: 357 (Q2 2020)
In June 2013 Canyon Fuel Co. was sold by Arch Coal Inc. for US$435 million to Bowie Resources, a mining firm from Kentucky. The sale consisted of the Sufco Mine in Sevier County, the Dugout Canyon Mine in Carbon County and the Skyline Complex on the Emery/Carbon county border.
North Lease Mine
P.O. Box 719
Helper, UT 84526
Phone: (435) 448-6463
Scofield Route, Eccles Canyon
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Utah and coal
- Proposed coal mines
- "Our mines: Skyline Complex", Arch Coal website, November 2009.
- "Our mines", Arch Coal website, November 2009.
- Mike Gorrell, "Utah's largest coal company sold for $435 million," The Salt Lake Tribune, June 28, 2013
- "Bowie Resource Partners Announces New Utah Headquarters And New Corporate Name" prnewswire.com, October 15, 2020.