This article is part of the collection of articles on coal projects in Victoria, Australia, which has been developed in conjunction with Environment Victoria. See here for help on adding material to CoalSwarm.
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Victoria and coal|
2019 Hot Topics
Stephen Manallack is a co-owner and Managing Director of the small Victorian PR and lobbying firm, Manallack. He is also the Manager of the Australia India Innovation Network, which he founded in January 2011, which is "planning an Innovation Mission to India in late 2011 and an Australia India Innovation Summit in Oz in middle of 2012."
A biographical note on the Manallack website states that Stephen "is Secretary of the Australia India Business Council (Vic), a member of the committee of management of the AIBC and a columnist for India’s largest business website, www.domain-b.com In early 2007 he led one of Australia’s largest business missions to India with the Australian Trade Minister. Stephen’s career began as a journalist with the West Australian newspaper before moving to international affairs and industrial relations. He has also lectured in Public Relations at RMIT University and ‘crisis communication’ at the National Management Education Centre. Stephen’s book, You Can Communicate, was published by Pearson Education in 2002. He has contributed to many newspapers and magazines, including The Age and the British Medical Journal. His interests include golf, reading, philosophy and South Asia."
Yet another biographical note states that "in early 2007 he led Australia’s largest business missions to India with the Australian Trade Minister – the Joint Business Council meeting with FICCI." (FICCI is the acronym for Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry).
As of December 2010, Manallack was listed as an affiliate member of the Australia India Business Council (AIBC). Jack Hamilton, the CEO of Exergen, one of Manallack's clients, is also listed as an affiliate member of the AIBC.
- John Pereira and Stephen Manallack, Riding the Elephant, Melbourne Books, 2010. ISBN:1877096822
24 Glenferrie Road
Malvern VIC 3144
Articles and resources
- "Lobbyists Register: Manallack Pty Ltd", Public Sector Standards Commissioner, accessed September 2011.
- "Stephen Manallack", LinkedIn, accessed September 2011.
- "Contact: Manallack Pty Ltd", Manallack's website, accessed September 2011.
- "Stephen Manallack - Managing Director", Manallack we3bsite, accessed September 2011.
- "Stephen Manallack", India Speaker Bureau, accessed September 2011.
- "Stephen Manallack – Vice President of the Australia-India Business Council", University of Melbourne, March 2010.
- Australia India Business Council, "Annual Report 2010, June 2011, page 50.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Australia and coal
- Carbon Capture and Storage
- Carbon Capture and Storage in Australia
- New South Wales and coal
- Queensland and coal