|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of China and coal|
Suzhou Port is located in Jiangsu province, China. The port consists of the Zhangjiagang Port, Changshu Port, and Taicang Port.
The port is located along the Yangtze River.
In 2013 Suzhou government approved capacity expansion plans for the port of 600 million tonnes by 2020 and 750 million tonnes by 2030. Zhangjiagang port area will handle mainly the shipments from the middle and upper region of the Yangtze River, primarily bulk cargo like coal. Taicang port area will handle mainly containerized shipments from the Jiangsu province and regions along the Yangtze River as well as ore, coal and petrochemical transshipments. Changshu port area will be mainly used for harbour-front industries and will handle mostly coal.
Zhangjiagang port currently has a 20,000 tonnage coal berth, with annual capacity of 5.5 million tonnes. It was completed in 1993.
In August 2015 the first phase of Huaneng Power International's coal wharf at Taicang port entered operation. The coal wharf was jointly built by Huaneng Power International and Nanjing Port (Group) Co., Ltd with designed throughput capacity of 27 million tonnes/year. The coal wharf is planned to reach 45 million tonnes/year.
- Operator: Suzhou Municipal Government
- Location: Jiangsu province, China
- Existing Coal Capacity (tonnes per year): 5.5 million (Zhangjiagang), 27 million (Taicang)
- Proposed Capacity (tonnes per year): 18 million (Taicang)
- Type: Imports
- Coal source:
Articles and resources
- "Suzhou Port’s throughput to reach 600 million tons by 2020," Suzhou Travel website, 2013-12-20
- 苏州港外贸吞吐量首破1亿吨. Xinhua Daily (in Chinese). January 13, 2013. Retrieved January 15, 2013.CS1 maint: unrecognized language (link)
- Suzhou port prospersTemplate:Date=September 2012
- "River port throughput volume makes Suzhou fifth largest in China," Intrenational Maritime Website, 2014-03-27
- "Construction of the Coastal Port," coi.gov.cn, accessed Nov 2015
- "Huaneng's coal wharf at Taicang port enters operation," Xinhua Finance, 2015-08-07