TIS Coal Terminal
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Ukraine and coal.|
TIS Coal Terminal is at the Port of Yuzhny in the province of Odessa Oblast in south-western Ukraine.
The terminal is in the city of Yuzhny, along the Black Sea.
The complex is situated at two berths (No. 19 and No. 20) near the Port of Yuzhny. It lies next to the TIS Ore Terminal, which also handles coal. Both are owned by Transinvest Company. The terminal was built in 1994, and is the largest coal terminal of ex-USSR, with 12 million tonnes of capacity. It both exports and imports coal. The privately-owned coal terminal competes with the government-owned Port of Yuzhny for cargo. In 2017, representatives for Transinvest Company stated that their dedicated TIS Coal Terminal could load coal three times faster than the state-owned port nearby.
- Operator: Transinvest Company
- Location: Yuzhny, Odessa Oblast, Ukraine
- Annual Coal Capacity (Tonnes): 12 million
- Status: Operating
- Type: Export/Import
- Sources of coal:
- "BULK FREIGHT: SOME PROSPECTS FOR THE BLACK AND AZOV SEAS PORTS," Economics & Economy, Vol. 1, No. 2 (March, 2014), p.166
- "Industrial Park And Processing Zone for Market Of 100 Millions," TIS, 2011
- Ще більше вугілля: навіщо держава реконструює термінал у порту «Южний», Mind, Mar. 29, 2017