|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Japan and coal.|
Ube Port is in Ube City, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan on the Seto Inland Sea. It is important in the development of the regional economy as a place to load coal and lime produced from the region and as an industrial port to mainly handle the cement business.
In December 2014 Japanese utility Chugoku Electric Power and cement producer Ube Industries agreed to work together on transporting coal from Australia's NCIG Coal Export Terminal and Indonesia's Samarinda anchorage to Ube Port.
Also imports include coal from US.
- Operator: Ube Port Administration Office
- Location: Ube City, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan
- Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum):
- Status: Operating
- Type: Imports
- Source of Coal: Australia, Indonesia, US
Articles and resources
- "Chugoku, Ube co-operate on coal delivery to Japan," argus, 10 Dec 2014
- "Japan’s Port Improvement Plans Should Benefit U.S. Bulk Exports," USDA Foreign Agricultural Service, March 19, 2015