Ust-Kamenogorsk TETS power station
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Kazakhstan and coal.|
Ust-Kamenogorsk TETS power station (also known as Каменогорская ТЭЦ and AES Ust-Kamenogorsk) is a 372.5-megawatt (MW) coal-fired combined heat and power station in Oskemen (Ust-Kamenogorsk), East Kazakhstan Region, Kazakhstan.
The map below shows the location of the power station in Oskemen (Ust-Kamenogorsk), East Kazakhstan Region, Kazakhstan.
The Ust-Kamenogorsk TETS power station was launched in 1947. In 1997, it was among a set of power plants partially transferred to American power corporation AES. In April 2017, AES sold Ust-Kamenogorsk to the Kazakh company Kazakhstan Utilities Systems.
The power station is the largest electricity producer in the East Kazakhstan region, with over 500 people working at the station. It supplies heat energy to large industrial enterprises and covers 80% of the city's housing and utilities sector load. A new turbine, Unit 12, was put into operation in November 2016 and has a capacity of 120 MW.
The industrial city is plagued by emissions, including from the thermal power plant.
- Sponsor: Kazakhstan Communal Systems
- Parent company: Ordabasy Corporation
- Location: Oskemen (Ust-Kamenogorsk), East Kazakhstan Region, Kazakhstan
- Coordinates: 49.9830, 82.6143 (exact)
- Coal type: Bituminous
- Coal source:
- Gross generating capacity (operating): 308 MW
- Unit 9: Coal-fired subcritical, 38 MW (start-up in 1967)
- Unit 10: Coal-fired subcritical, 50 MW (start-up in 1966)
- Unit 11: Coal-fired subcritical, 100 MW (start-up in 1970)
- Unit 12: Coal-fired subcritical, 120 MW (start-up in 1993)
- (Units 4-8: approximately 3.5 MW, 9 MW, 8 MW, 8 MW, 25 MW - start-ups between 1951 to 1959)
Articles and Resources
- "Усть-Каменогорская ТЭЦ," last edited December 7, 2020
- "Динмухамет Идрисов увеличивает энергетические активы," Forbes, April 18, 2017
- "Kazakhstan Utility Systems LLP has acquired Ust-Kamenogorsk CHP and Sogra CHP," Kazakhstan Utility Systems, April 8, 2017
- "«У вас же в Алматы еще хуже». Как задыхается Усть-Каменогорск," vlast, October 12, 2020