Verkhneteshsky coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The Verkhneteshsky coal mine is a proposed surface coal mine in Kemerovo Region, Russia.
The image below shows the location of the mine site, near Kaltan, in Novokuznetsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia.
The Verkhneteshsky coal mine is a proposed surface operation, owned by SibAnthracite, designed to produce 5 million tonnes per annum, near Novokuznetsk in Kemerovo Region, Russia. A full range of exploration work has been completed at the proposed mine site, according to a document from the Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation.
- Sponsor: SibAnthracite
- Parent Company:
- Location: 15km east of Kaltan, in Novokuznetsky District, Kemerovo Oblast, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 53.505201, 87.529449 (exact)
- Status: Proposed
- Production Capacity: 5 mtpa
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves: 71.9 million tons
- Coal type: Grade T
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: surface, open pit
- Start Year: 2020
- Source of Financing: