Wolf Branch West Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
Wolf Branch West Mine is a proposed U.S. surface coal mine in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, owned by Signal Resources LLC.
The below map shows the approximate location of the Wolf Branch West mine site in Tuscaloosa County, Alabama.
According to the Alabama Surface Mining Commission's (ASMC) permit applications website, Signal Resources filed a new permit application for the mine on April 24, 2019. It is currently under review.
- Parent Company: Signal Resources LLC
- Location: Tuscaloosa County, Alabama, United States
- GPS Coordinates: 33.267472, -87.454212 (approximate)
- Status Proposed
- Production Capacity:
- Total Resource:
- Mineable Reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine Size: 44 acres
- Mine Type: Surface
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
Related GEM.wiki articles
- Coal and jobs in the United States
- Coal phase-out
- Headquarters of U.S. coal mining companies
- Global list of coal mining companies and agencies
- Proposed coal mines
To see a listing of coal mines in a particular state, click on the map:
- Alabama Surface Mining Commission Surface Mining Permit Application: Attachment IV-C-2 Topsoil Variance accessed November 2019.
- Permit Applications on File with ASMC Alabama Surface Mining Commission, accessed November 2019.
- Parcel Search Tuscaloosa County Alabama Public GIS, accessed November 2019.