|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
Aquila Resources was a small Perth head quartered mining company with a focus on coking coal, iron ore and manganese projects.
In 2014 Aquila Resources was completely bought out by Baosteel Resources Australia and Aurizon Operations which acquired all of the ordinary shares of Aquila Resources that the two companies do not already own. Boasteel owned 20% of the company in June 2014. Baosteel Resources Australia is a wholly owned subsidiary of Baosteel Resources International, the overseas resources development arm of Baosteel Group Corporation, which is Chinese. Aurizon is a wholly owned subsidiary of Aurizon Holdings Limited, Australia’s leading bulk rail freight operator.
The company has an interest in a number of coal projects including the:
- Integrated Isaac Plains Project
- Belvedere Coal Project
- Red Hill Coal Project
- Eagle Downs Coal Project
- Washpool Hard Coking Coal Project.
- Tony Poli, Executive Chairman and Chief Executive Officer.
Aquila Resources Limited
Level 2 Aquila Centre
1 Preston Street
Como WA 6152
PO Box 1038
South Perth WA 6951
Telephone: (618) 9423 0111
Facsimile: (618) 9423 0133
Articles and resources
- Aquila Resources, "Presentation to BBY Resources Conference", May 24, 2010.
- Baosteel, "BAOSTEEL RESOURCES AND AURIZON SUBMIT ALL CASH OFFER TO ACQUIRE 100% OF AQUILA", 5 May 2014.
- Reuters, "Aurizon, Baosteel to acquire Aquila after raising stake", 5 May 2014.
- Australian Bureau of Agricultural and Resource Economics, "Minerals and energy: Major development projects", April 2010. (Pdf)