|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
Bandanna Energy is a Queensland headquartered exploration company which holds 16 coal exploration licences in the Bowen and Galilee basins in Queensland.While the company doesn't have any operating coal mines it has secured an allocation of 4 million tonnes per annum in Stage 1 of the Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal which is slated to be commissioned in 2014.
Bandanna Energy went into voluntary administration in 2014, when Bandanna Energy could not meet "take or pay" contracts entered into for the freshly built Wiggins Island Coal Export Terminal. The Adamelia Group acquired the Springsure Creek Coal project in 2016 from the liquidators of the now-defunct Bandanna Energy.
Possible coal projects
On its website the company lists its current key projects as comprising the:
- South Galilee Project in which AMCI has a 50% interest. The company states that the project "will produce up to 20 Million tonnes per annum (Mtpa) of high volatile, low sulphur thermal coal for export to international markets."
- Springsure Creek coal project which the company states it is undertaking "studies of a potential large underground raw thermal coal resource";
- Arcturus coal mine where the company states it is "undertaking studies in order to delineate a potential thermal coal resource"; and the
- Dingo West Project which the company states is "a potential open cut thermal/PCI project which may be fast tracked as a satellite pit development close to the existing Blackwater to Gladstone rail corridor." The company states that it is investigating a 0.7 - 2.4 Mtpa run of mine project which "is expected to yield a thermal/PCI product."
The Company refers to its Arcadia, Springsure and Arcturus projects as its "Golden Triangle" projects.
Level 12, 410 Queen Street
BRISBANE Queensland 4000
Phone: (07) 3041 4400
Fax: (07) 3041 4444
Email: info AT bandannaenergy.com.au
Articles and resources
- Bandanna Energy, "Welcome to Bandanna Energy Limited", Bandanna Energy website, accessed October 2011.
- Shift Miner, "Springsure soon?", Shift Miner website, 6 January 2019.
- "Welcome to the South Galilee Coal Project", South Galilee Coal Project website, accessed October 2011.
- Bandanna Energy, "Dingo West Project", Bandanna Energy website, accessed October 2011.
- Bandanna Energy, "Company Overview", Bandanna Energy, October 2009.
- Queensland Resources Coucnil, "Our members", Queensland Resources Council website, accessed October 2011.
Related GEM.wiki articles
- "Abbot Point", North Queensland Bulk Ports Corporation website