Belpahar coal mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
The company has been proposed integrating the mine with other surrounding operations to form the Integrated Belpahar-Lakhanpur-Lilari Project.
The map below shows the exact location of the Integrated Belpahar-Lakhanpur-Lilari Project among the Ib Valley coal mines in Odisha state, India.
Background on Mine
- Sponsor: Mahanadi Coalfields Limited
- Parent company: Coal India
- Location: Bandhabal, Jharsuguda district, Odisha state, India
- Coordinates: 21.75, 83.8417 (exact)
- Status: Operating
- Production: 7.51 million tonnes per annum exisiting
- Mineable Reserves: 41.65 million tonnes
- In service: 1983
- Coal type: Lignite
- Mining method: Surface, Opencast
- Source of financing:
Articles and resources
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited,Bioprofile of Projects, accessed March 16, 2020
- Environmental Clearance, January 2019
- Mahanadi Coalfields Limited 2013-14 Annual Report, pp. 20-21.
- Sandeep Pai and Hisham Zerriffi, A novel dataset for analysing sub-national socioeconomic developments in the Indian coal industry, IOPSciNotes, 4 January 2021.
- MCL - COAL RESOURCES/RESERVES AS PER UNFC, April 1, 2011]