Butiá Leste Mine
|This article is part of the Global Coal Mine Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
Butiá Leste Mine, also known as Mina do Butiá Leste or Mina B3, is a coal mine in Butiá, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. It is owned by Copelmi Mineração.
The map below shows the location of Butiá Leste Mine, approximately 3 km northeast of the municipality of Butiá, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil. Copelmi describes the location as near the 173 km marker on highway BR 290. Butiá Leste is a part of the Leão Coal Field.
According to a 2017 Argimax.com ranking, Butiá Leste was Brazil's second-largest coal mine, producing 1,303,182 tonnes annually. A 2019 industry report listed Butiá Leste as Copelmi's most productive coal mine, with annual production of 1,022,000 tonnes.
- Owner: Copelmi Mineração
- Parent company:
- Location: Butiá, Rio Grande do Sul, Brazil.
- GPS coordinates: -30.001833,-51.428778
- Mine status: operating
- Start year:
- Mineable reserves:
- Coal type:
- Mine size:
- Mine type:
- Production: 1 million tons per annum
- Additional proposed production:
- Number of employees:
Articles and resources
- Copelmi units organizational site, accessed Nov 12, 2019
- Aramis J. Pereira Gomes1, Paulo Roberto Cruze, Lindemberg Pinheiro Borge [http://www.cprm.gov.br/publique/media/recursos_minerais/livro_geo_tec_rm/capXI_a.pdf Recursos Minerais Energéticos: Carvão e Urânio Energy Mineral Resources: Coal and Uranium] accessed Nov 12, 2019
- Argimax.com RANKING POR SUBSTÂNCIA - PRODUÇÃO ANUAL EM TONELADAS (ROM) Argimax, 2017
- Copelmi Market Share Organizational site, accessed Nov 11, 2019
- "Copelmi: Dados Institucionais" (PDF). In the Mine. 2019.
- Copelmi AUDIÊNCIA PÚBLICA - ANEEL - N° 043/2011 Public annoucement, accessed Nov. 13, 2019