|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Europe and coal|
CEZ describes itself as "the largest electricity producer in the CzechRepublic" and is the parent company of the CEZ Group which comprizes over 90 Czech and European subsidiaries. The company has generation assets including coal-fired, hydro, wind and nuclear power stations with a total installed capacity of 12,298 megawatts.
Proposed Coal-Fired Power Stations
- Maritsa East Power Station, is proposed to have an installed capacity of 750 megawatts; the estimated cost if 950 million euros. The Bulgarian government is calling for tenders for the construction of the new project with interest reported to have been expressed by AES, Enel, CEZ, E.ON, EVN and Bulgarian businessman Hristo Kovachki. (See also Bulgaria and coal).
Articles and Resources
- "CEZ Group introduction", CEZ Group website, accessed August 2008.
- CEZ, "Coal-fired Power Plants in CR", CEZ website, accessed August 2008.
- CEZ, "Foreign Coal-fired Power Plants", CEZ website, accessed August 2008.
- "Bulgaria to Open Procedure for Construction of New Thermal Plant", Novinite.com (Sofia News Agency), June 22, 2008.
Related GEM.wiki articles
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|