Cape Burny Terminal
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Cape Burny Terminal is a proposed coal terminal at Vanino Port, located in the Khabarovsky region of Eastern Russia on the shore of the Gulf of Tatary.
In December 2013 FSUE Rosmorport and Far East Vanino Port LLC signed an agreement to construct a 15 million tonnes per annum coal terminal at Port Vanino. The terminal, costing approximately US$387 million, is scheduled to be completed in 2017. The terminal would comprise two berths at a double-sided pier for vessels of up to 120,000 tonnes deadweight to cater for coal exports from the Elegest coal field.
- Sponsor: FSUE Rosmorport, Far East Vanino Port LLC
- Location: Khabarovsky region, Eastern Russia
- Proposed Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 15
- Status: Proposed
- Projected In Service: 2017
- Type: Exports
- Source of Coal: Elegest coal field, Russia
- Cost: US$387 million
Articles and Resources
- "Specialized coal terminal to be built a port Vanino (Khabarovsk Territory)", PortNews, December 6, 2013.