Carbon Storage Taskforce
|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Australia and coal|
The Carbon Storage Taskforce was announced by the Australian Minister for Resources and Energy, Martin Ferguson in June 2008. Ferguson announced that the takforce would "develop a National Carbon Mapping and Infrastructure Plan" and "will examine the Carbon Capture & Storage work already underway throughout Australia and indicate priority issues for further support."
Ferguson stated that the taskforce "will incorporate representatives from the coal, power generation, petroleum and pipeline sectors, and appointments will be announced shortly."
In October 2008, Ferguson announced that members of the taskforce were:
- Keith Spence - Chair
- Margaret Sewell, General Manager - Department of Resources, Energy and Tourism
- Clinton Foster, Chief of Petroleum and Marine Division, Geoscience Australia
- Brad Mullard, Director, Coal and Petroleum Development, Mineral Resources - NSW Department of Primary Industries
- Richard Aldous, Executive Director, Minerals & Petroleum - Department of Primary Industries (Victoria)
- David Mason, Executive Director, Geological Survey of QLD, Queensland Mines and Energy
- Barry Goldstein, Director, Petroleum/Geothermal - Primary Industries and Resources South Australia
- Jeff Haworth, Manager, Geological Survey of WA - Western Australia Department of Industry and Resources
- Kathy Hill, Director - GeoScience Victoria
- Bob Griffith, Reservoir Technology Manager - ExxonMobil
- Cheryl Cartwright, CEO – Australian Pipeline Industry Association
- Bill Koppe, Head, Coal Product Stewardship - Anglo Coal
- Greg Bourne, CEO - WWF Australia
- Tony Maher, Mining and Energy President - CFMEU
- Tony Concannon, Executive Director - International Power
- Peter Cook, CEO - CO2CRC
Articles and resources
Related SourceWatch articles
- Martin Ferguson, "Launch of the National Low Emissions Coal Council and the Carbon Storage Taskforce", Media Release, June 28, 2008.
- "National Low Emissions Coal Initiative (NLECI)", Department of Resources, Energy and Transport website, accessed August 2012.
- Martin Ferguson, "First meeting of the Carbon Storage Taskforce", Media Release, October 22, 2008.
|This article is a stub. You can help by expanding it.|