|This article is part of the CoalSwarm coverage of Bangladesh and coal|
Chittagong Port is the largest seaport in Bangladesh. It is managed by the Chittagong Port Authority.
Imported cargo in the Port of Chittagong includes coal, as well as iron materials, chemicals, and general cargo.
The port is located by the estuary of the Karnaphuli River in Patenga, on the northeast curve of the Bay of Bengal, near the city of Chittagong.
- Owner: Chittagong Port Authority
- Location: Patenga, Chittagong district, Chittagong division, Bangladesh
- Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 23
- Status: Operating
- Start year: 1887
- Type: Imports
- Source of Coal: Indonesia
Articles and resources
- "Port of Chittagong," World Port Source, accessed May 2015
- "Deep sea port in Sonadia: A unique opportunity for Bangladesh," Daily Star, March 20, 2013
- "Where from will Bangladesh source coal for power generation?" Financial Express, Feb 18, 2012