|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Dalniy Port is a proposed coal-handling facility near Vanino, in Khabarovsk Krai, Russia.
The map below shows Cape Veselyi, the approximate location where the coal terminal would be built, about 4 km southeast of the Vanino Commercial Sea Port and 4 km south of the Daltransugol coal terminal.
In July 2020, geological surveys for the Dalniy Port began on Russia's east coast. In the first stage, the terminal would have a coal-handling capacity of 2.5 million tonnes per annum (mtpa), which would increase to 10 mtpa in stage 2, and by the end of 2024, 30 mtpa in stage 3. The terminal was being implemented by A-Property, and was intended to ship coal from the Elga coal complex, which the company had recently acquired. A-Property was reportedly ready to spend 30 billion rubles (approximately US$400 million). However, in September 2020, after intense local opposition to the project, construction on the coal terminal was delayed by "three to four years," even though A-Property offered several financial incentives to the residents, including payment for housing and communal services of the residents of the village of 75 million rubles per year.
Plans for the Dalniy Port appear may have been replaced by plans to construct the 30 million tonne per year Chumikan coal terminal at Udskaya Bay, approximately 700 km north of Vanino on Russia's east coast.
- Owner: A-Property
- Location: Cape Veselyi, Khabarovsk Krai, Russia
- Proposed Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 30
- Status: Proposed
- Type: Exports
- Source of Coal:
Articles and Resources
- В бухте Обманной (Хабаровский край) начались изыскания по строительству терминала «Порт Дальний», Port News, July 14, 2020
- Инвестор Эльги готов вложить 30 млрд руб. в терминал в Ванино, Interfax, Sep. 9, 2020
- Прекращены общественные слушания по проекту строительства угольного терминала в бухте Обманной, Port News, Sep. 21, 2020
- Жителям Советской Гавани пообещали «угольный терминал будущего», но построят порт по старым технологиям?, Vostok Today, Aug. 25, 2020
- Судьбу 740 млрд рублей инвестиций решат 1500 жителей района в Хабаровском крае, East Russia, Jan. 22, 2021