Denisovskaya Mining Complex
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
Denisovskaya Mining Complex is a cluster of surface and underground coking coal mines, owned by Kolmar, and producing 6.9 million tonnes per annum, in Sakha Republic, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the Denisovsky Mining Complex, 13km northeast of Neryungri (Nüörüñgürü), in Neryungrinsky District, Sakha Republic, Russia.
Coal Mine Background
The complex includes:
Denisovskaya Central mine with the production capacity of 2 Mta (in operation); Denisovskaya Eastern mine with the production capacity of 4 Mta (under design); Denisovskiy open-pit coal mine with the production capacity of 0.9 Mta (in operation); Denisovskaya coal preparation plant with the production capacity of 6 Mta (under construction).
Denisovskaya East was started in 2017. The mine is part of the Denisovsky Mining Complex which is made up of Denisovskaya Central mine, a room and pillar underground mine which produces 2 million tonnes of coal per annum; the Denisovskiy open pit and the Denisovskiy Coal Processing Complex. 
Coal from Denisovskaya East is intended to be exported to China, India, Japan, and South Korea. At present Kolmar exports its coals through the ports of Nakhodka and Vostochny. By the end of 2019, Kolmar plans to build and put into operation a cargo terminal in Khabarovsk region near Vanino, Russia, to supply the Asia-Pacific markets. 
- Parent Company: Kolmar
- Location: 13km northeast of Neryungri (Nüörüñgürü), in Neryungrinsky District, Sakha Republic, Russia
- GPS Coordinates: 56.768907, 124.847431 (exact)
- Status: Under construction
- Production Capacity: 6.9
- Total Resource:
- Minable Reserves: 120 million tonnes (Industrial Reserves) 
- Coal type: Coking coal
- Mine Size:
- Mine Type: Openpit, Longwall mining
- Start Year:
- Source of Financing:
Articles and resources
- Филиал "Шахта "Денисовская", Wikimapia, accessed Mar. 2021.
- Kolmar, "GOK Denisovskiy," Kolmar website, accessed 20 July 2019.
- Anna Evgenyevna, "Deni Creek goes to Asia," East Russia magazine, 6 September 2017
- Kolmar, "Next year Kolmar plans to start construction of the Denisovksaya Eastern mine,"Kolmar website, 20 October 2016