VaninoTransUgol coal terminal
|This article is part of the Global Coal Terminals Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
VaninoTransUgol coal terminal is located at Muchka Bay in Khabarovsk Territory, Russia.
The map below shows the location of the coal terminal on Russia's east coast. The large Daltransugol coal terminal can be seen across the bay, directly to the south.
Construction on the VaninoTransUgol (VTU) coal terminal began in 2017. In July 2020, the terminal shipped its first load of coal, destined for China. The terminal was expected to reach its first stage capacity of 12 million tonnes per annum (mtpa) later that year. The VTU planned to increase capacity to 24 mtpa by 2023. The VTU coal terminal is part of the Kolmar Group of Companies and is designed primarily for transshipment of high-quality coking coal mined in South Yakutia at the Denisovskiy and Inaglinskiy mining and processing complexes, as well as other coal mining enterprises. Construction of the 12 mtpa Stage 1 coal-handling facilities was completed in January 2021.
The project's total cost was estimated at around 35 billion rubles (approximately US$525 million) in early 2019. In November 2019, VEB.RF State Corporation, VTB Bank, and VaninoTransUgol signed a 34 billion ruble loan agreement to finance the construction of the coal terminal. VEB.RF planned to finance around a third of the total cost of construction.
As of 2022, port is expected to become operational in 2025.
- Operator: JSC VaninoTransUgol
- Owner: Kolmar Group
- Location: Muchka Bay, Khabarovsk Territory, Russia
- Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 12 (operating)
- Proposed Expansion Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 12
- Status: Expanding
- Start Year: 2020
- Type: Exports
- Source of Coal: South Yakutia (including Denisovskiy and Inaglinskiy mining and processing complexes)
- Project Cost: 34 billion rubles (approximately US$525 million)
- Source of Financing: debt financing from VEB.RF State Corporation and VTB Bank
Articles and Resources
- ↑ «ВаниноТрансУголь» планирует запустить угольный терминал в бухте Мучке в III квартале 2019 года, Port News, Feb. 22, 2018
- ↑ Первое судно с углем с терминала ВТУ в бухте Мучке ушло в Китай (видео), Port News, July 2, 2020
- ↑ https://portnews.ru/news/307252/, Port News, Jan. 11, 2021
- ↑ Одно Ванино на всех. Уголь, нефть, глина и вода: настоящее и будущее дальневосточного порта, Vgudok, Feb. 21, 2019
- ↑ ВЭБ.РФ и ВТБ профинансируют строительство перегрузочного комплекса в порту Ванино, Port News, Nov. 7, 2019
- ↑ More ports for the Far East, Port News, August 10, 2022