|This article is part of the Global Coal Terminals Tracker, a project of Global Energy Monitor.|
|Please visit Global Energy Monitor to download the dataset|
EBS Terminals are a pair of terminals located at the Port of Rotterdam, Netherlands, the largest port in Europe. Both terminals are operated by European Bulk Services, a subsidiary of HES International. The terminals handle coal, minerals, agrimass, and biomass products.
The map below shows the locations of the two EBS terminals at the Port of Rotterdam. The Europoort Terminal is northwest of the Laurenshaven Terminal.
European Bulk Services (EBS) is a dry bulk terminal operator in the Port of Rotterdam, Netherlands. Its total transshipment amounts to approximately 12 million tonnes a year. EBS markets itself as "the largest dry bulk terminal for agri, minerals and biomass in the Port of Rotterdam." In recent years, as coal volumes have declined, EBS has sought to transport other forms of dry bulk cargo.
- Operator: European Bulk Services
- Location: Rotterdam, Netherlands
- Annual Capacity (Tonnes): 12 million
- Status: Operating
- Sources of coal: Russia
- "Dry bulk companies," Port of Rotterdam, accessed Oct. 2021
- EBS, HES International, Accessed Oct. 2021
- Transformation of HES’ terminal EBS from coal to sustainable product flows, Port Consultants Rotterdam, Accessed Oct. 2021