East Ural coal terminal
|This article is part of the Global Energy Monitor coverage of Russia and coal|
East Ural coal terminal is a coal-handling facility in Primorsky Krai on Russia's east coast. The terminal is located at Wrangel Bay, along with the Vostochny Port, the Maly Port, and the Vostochnaya coal terminal (which stopped handling coal in September 2021).
The map below shows the location of the East Ural coal terminal. The company's coal storage warehouse and three storage silos can be seen below. The facilities operated by Vostochnaya Stevedoringe Company are located directly to the east.
The East Ural coal terminal was initially used to ship fertilizers, and began operations in 1998. The terminal began handling coal in 2012. After switching from fertilizer to coal, the terminal's cargo volumes increased dramatically, from 400,000 tonnes in 2012 to 3.8 million tonnes in 2015. Coal is supplied to the terminal from the Yakut and Kuzbass mines and is exported to South Korea (48%), Malaysia and Taiwan (33%), Japan (12%), China (5%) and other countries of the Asia-Pacific region. The port is operated by LLC Vostochno-Uralskiy Terminal, which is majority owned by OOO Transhimexport.
The East Ural coal terminal is one of the few terminals in the Nakhodka and Vostochny region that uses a closed coal shipment process. The terminal constructed storage warehouses when it was handling fertilizer, and continued to use the warehouses after shipping to coal. Nevertheless, the terminal was found to be in violation of several environmental regulations in 2021.
In 2019, the terminal handled 4.5 million tonnes of coal.
- Owner: LLC Vostochno-Uralskiy Terminal
- Location: Wrangel Bay, Primorsky Krai, Russia
- Proposed Coal Capacity (Million tonnes per annum): 5 (estimated)
- Status: Operating
- Type: Exports
- Source of Coal:
Articles and Resources
- Восточно-Уральский Терминал, Transchemexport, Accessed December 2021
- "Восточно-Уральский терминал" в I квартале незначительно увеличил перевалку угля на экспорт в АТР, Interfax, May 20, 2020
- Восточно-Уральский терминал в Находке раскрыл главные "секреты" закрытой перевалки угля, Prima Media, Oct. 17, 2019
- ООО «Восточно-Уральский Терминал» не исполнило предписания Росприроднадзора, Port News, July 17, 2021
- Неприморские угольщики: большинство стивидорных компаний в регионе зарегистрированы в Москве или офшорах, News VL, Apr. 24, 2020